Dame Rocket Press welcomes all genres within the bounds of its mission: presenting eclectic and passionate works that emphasize pioneers in all walks of life and time. This includes everything from nonfiction biographies to children’s books and women’s stories as long as the voice of lived experience runs throughout. Visit the catalog page to learn more about existing Dame Rocket Press titles.
If you are interested in submitting your manuscript, please adhere to the following requirements. (NOTE: Your ideas and stories are important, but Dame Rocket has to be balanced about time and energies spent reviewing them. The more complete and thoughtful the proposal, the better!)
Your proposal packet should include:
- Story/title summary (overview of the editorial/written content)
- At least two or three sample chapters
- A complete listing and some samples of any other types of content—photographs, graphics, etc.
- General marketing information (competing titles [if any], target market [readership], related dates/events and organizations [anniversaries, special promotions, unique sales outlets like museums, specialty stores, etc.])
- Packaging ideas (hardcover/softcover, specialty paper, etc.)
- Possible price point and the reasoning behind this (may be higher due to a portion of sales going to a nonprofit, for example)
- S.A.S.E. (self-addressed, stamped envelope if you wish to have your proposal returned)
Send your packet to:
Dame Rocket Press
6858 SE Langwood Street
Hillsboro, OR 97123
Direct any questions to: email@example.com
(No phone calls, please!)
FINAL NOTE: It may take up to three months to review your proposal, though Dame Rocket strives to respond to proposals within 30 days of receipt when possible.